Below are positions CareNet is looking to fill either on an ongoing or intermittent basis. Should you see a position listed that you are interested in, please complete and submit an employment application.
Always accepting applications:
POSITION TITLE: Personal Care Assistant
EFFECTIVE DATE: July 10, 2014 PAY STATUS: Hourly
REPORTS TO: Office Manager RATE OF PAY: $12.00/hr or DOE
PAID TIME OFF: After 200 hours worked: Accrue 1 hr for every 12 hrs of regular time worked.
POSITION SUMMARY:Provides in home personal care assistance, helping with ADL’s and IADL’s. This position is variable with no guarantee of full-time or part-time hours.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Essential Job Duties:
a. Assists the client with regular day-to-day activities such as:
- Bathing, dressing, personal grooming, and transfers.
- Meal planning and preparation.
- Providing the client with medication reminders.
- Light housekeeping chores.
- Shopping for groceries and other items.
- Providing incidental transportation needs to medical appointments.
- Provides companionship.
b. Accompanies client on outings for exercise, appointments, brief hospital stays, or outpatient procedures.
c. Observes and reports any changes in client condition to the Nursing Supervisor.
2. Additional Job Duties:
a. Completes documentation of services performed on a weekly basis.
b. Completes timecard every two weeks, and turns in on required day.
c. Compliance with Telephony- Attendance Tracking System.
d. Maintains confidentiality of client, CareNet and co-worker information.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum Experience: 2 years experience working in a service oriented capacity preferred. Applicable volunteer work considered in lieu of work experience. Prefer PCA certified, or CNA licensure qualified, but not required.
- Physical demands of job- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Other Considerations and Requirements
- Speak English clearly and be able to communicate effectively.
- Provide own transportation to and from client home.
- Pass a Criminal Background Check- without any barring crimes.
- CPR/First Aid Certification – current
- TB test done within the past 12 months.
- Work independently and relate to senior citizens.
- Available to work flexible hours.
- Work with pets in the home.
- Work with smokers.
- Working in weather related issues: driving in snow, walking on icy conditions.
- Provide 3 references that can be validated.
- Work one weekend a month, or be available on-call one weekend a month.
Always accepting applications:
- CNA- Certified Nurse Assistant
- Office or Administrative
Intermittently accepting applications:
- RN-Registered Nurse
- LPN-Licensed Practical Nurse
- Completed application with signed permission to check references.
- Criminal Background Check- State Troopers Office. Must be less than 30 days old.
- FBI Fingerprinting required thru the State of Alaska.
- Certified and Current CPR and First Aid.
- Current TB test- less than 1 year old. Must be able to prove negative test results.
- Driving Record from DMV.
- Current working experience, with work references that can be validated.
- Online application or in person application with all the above mandatory requirements need to be in place before CareNet will begin the hiring process. The hiring process begins with the complete mandatory requirements in place. References are checked, and then an interview will be arranged.
Miscellaneous Requirements or Information:
- High School Graduate or Equivalent- minimum education requirement.
- 3-5 years working with seniors preferred.
- Must work one weekend a month or be available on call one weekend a month.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, and understand there are physical demands on the job.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from client home.
- Applicants looking for consumer directed care clients need not apply with CareNet, Inc.
- CareNet, Inc. is an agency based, nursing model of care with nursing supervision of employees.