Benefits of Care in the Home
There’s no place like home. It’s a famous saying for a good reason. As we age, there truly is no place like home when it comes to familiarity, comfort, and care. Every day, more and more seniors choose to age in place near their friends, family members, and familiar surroundings, but there are many more benefits to receiving care in the home. The following are just a few reasons you or your loved one should consider in-home care:
- Generally, home care leads to higher quality of and satisfaction with life, even when frailty is a factor.
- In-home care allows seniors to maintain their independence and dignity, even as they become more dependent on caregivers.
- Studies show that home care promotes healing. Research demonstrates that patients heal quicker and more comfortably at home than in a hospital or nursing home setting.
- Caregivers can provide clients with healthy, nutritional meals that both appeal to the individual and meet any specific dietary restrictions.
- Caregivers keep seniors active with personalized daily exercise plans.
- Home care is usually more cost-effective than the costs of a nursing home or assisted living facility.
For more information on the benefits of home care, visit our resource page.
At CareNet, Inc. our passion is helping seniors age in place in the comfort of their own homes. To learn more about the benefits of in-home care or our care services, contact us today in Anchorage, AK at 907-274-5620.